Sunday, December 11, 2011

In order to prepare us for future job interviews we did some mock interviews in class.  These are two of my answer to the questions that were asked.  It is a great tool to be able to have these mock interviews.  We got to talk to our classmates after and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of our statements.  A lot of time you can plan out what you are going to say but it may not sound as good out loud as it does on paper.  It was also beneficial to discuss what could have made my responses sound better and really show my knowledge of physical education.  I usually hate watching videos of myself but in this case it really did help a lot.  I got to see that even though I feel confident and passionate about physical education it sometimes doesn't translate.  I seem sort of soft spoken and I need to work on showing my enthusiasm more.  I also use my hands when I talk and that can be distracting for the interviewer so I need to be aware of that.  I think this was a great opportunity and I learned a lot.  I think that watching yourself on camera is one of the best and fastest ways to learn.  This can be applied to the classroom setting as well. 

I think that this would be a great way to give students feedback during their physical education classes and help them to improve their skills. Incorporating technology into the classrooms is something that as a future teacher I need to be comfortable doing.  This could be the perfect way to do just that.  The students will be excited to see themselves on camera and it will be easy to pin point any improvement they need to make.  Some students are visual learners and need to see things in order to learn them.  This would help these students because they would be able to see the mistakes they were making and get a better idea about how to fix them.

1 comment: